What is Almost Mema's???

My Biggest Challenge and (One of) My Biggest Accomplishments

I have created a recipe section called "Almost Mema's" It includes recipes that I have converted or created based on the following question!

My Mema
How do you tell somebody they need to eat better when all of their comfort and memories were made over fried chicken and buttery mashed potatoes?

That's the challenge I faced when entering into my new life. Here's what I've learned:

  • My cousin Tommy was the inspiration for this recipe section. I converted a beloved cookie recipe of our Mema's and he said, "You should put that on the internet and call it "Almost Mema's." So I did.
  • I could still use the recipes that were   handed down in my family. I just had to figure out how to change the ingredients to increase the nutritional value.
  • It took time and patience to teach myself how to convert a recipe
  • I have tried these recipes out on family members that KNOW what these beloved recipes are supposed to taste like and so far I have gotten nothing but thumbs up, some drooling, and a few statements like, "I sure didn't think that would taste any good but it sure does"
  • I have also learned that you don't need comfort food every meal. But it is great to know you can still experience all of those smells, tastes and memories and not compromise your nutrition.
  • You can teach an old dog new tricks!!
  • Contact me and I can convert a recipe for you or better yet I can teach you how!!
  •  Get my book! It has a sampling of some of the best ones!


Comments