Which Salt to choose and Gyp Water??

I posted a blog in July 2017 about salt and balancing salt and potassium. Check out the blog for some great information. www.swainholisticsolutions.com
Last week I was in Rosemary's Herb Shop in Ruidoso NM and saw this chart.They carry high quality salts and you can mail order them!!! rosemarysherbshop.com
 This chart is a great visual about Salt and trace mineral content. I am seeing more and more low quality and "Junk" salt on the shelves these days calling themselves Sea Salt, Grey Salt etc. Be a savvy shopper and read the ingredients. Look for it's origin, is it bleached, filtered, does it contain a high amount of trace minerals?...... compare the labels.  Trace minerals in our diet are very important. If you drink filtered water (RO water) and you should then you will need to add back the trace minerals. I am a big proponent of filtered water. The really high quality filters will tell you what and how much of the "bad stuff" they filter out but keep in mind it also filters out trace minerals. I use  trace mineral liquid drops (Vitacost.com)but there are other high quality drops out there.
 Here's a funny story for you.
 The other day I added trace mineral drops to a pitcher of  RO water and apparently I forgot to put the dropper bottle away and I added them again. Not realizing this and pouring my unsuspecting husband a glass of water.... well he took a big drink and said "What is this? "Gyp water" "Woman, what are you trying to do? Kill me???"😱😝the looks on his face a truly priceless!He is such a good sport!!!
 Moral of the story is...... don't over add the trace minerals!!! LOL
Happy Seasoning💓

Comments