Pancakes you can feel good about!!




 Pancakes with syrup is a carb overload for sure. I love pancakes but didn't want that huge carb overload so I went on a mission to find a gluten free, sugar free version. I threw in dairy free as well. Why not? I've tried many of these types of pancake mixes  and some scratch recipes as well.  None would I give a "passing grade."

The majority were barely eatable. Most were dry, very grainy or rubbery. Some I couldn't get the edges to crisp up. Most weren't tasty at all. Most were not dairy free or they had a variety of additives. So I came up with my own!!

At the end of this post I will give you options for substitutions you may prefer.

Ingredients

2 cups Almond flour

1 tsp sea salt

1 tsp. baking soda

2-3 Tbls to taste of my "Sugar Mix" (recipe link)

http://swainsolutions.blogspot.com/2019/09/my-sugar-mix-use-instead-of-sugar.html 

Mix all dry ingredients and set aside.

In a seperate bowl beat together with a wire wisk:

4 eggs

1/4 C melted coconut oil

1/2 C soy milk

1 Tbls vanilla

Combine with dry ingredients and beat with wire wisk until all lumps are disolved.

Cook the pancakes as you normally would using ghee in the bottom of a non stick skillet. Add fresh ghee with each pan of cakes.

Garnish with fresh or frozen berries and real organic maple syrup.

Variations and tips:

Cook on medium low temp as it takes a little longer for these to cook through. Also the ghee in the bottom of the pan allows the edges to get crisp. 

Add a pinch of cinnamon to the dry ingredients

2 C Almond flour or 1 1/2 C Almond flour and 1/2 C Oat flour

Soy milk or any nut milk- preferrably Almond milk

1/4 C coconut oil or 1/4 C ghee or Suflower oil

"Sugar Mix"  or stevia, xylitol or erythritol to taste




Comments