Stevia

 

I love Stevia. It is in my sugar mix that I use all the time. You can find that recipe  in my blogs and recipes section on my website.  The blog is called "Just say no to Crack"      swainholisticsolutions.com

However, this is a reminder to continue to read ingredients. Apparently some of the Stevia I have been buying isn't pure stevia... So frustrating. In fact in some it isn't even the first ingredient! 

Some of the Stevia you see above have different first ingredients. Let's take a look.                                    Inulin: Inulin is usually from chicory root. It is a dietary fiber. Meant to make you feel full.  Maltodextrin: It is made from starchy foods like potatoes or rice. It is a high carb food. In small amounts it is ok but otherwise it your body sees it as glucose. Not my favorite.                                         Erythritol: An artificial sweetener that won't spike blood sugar.                                                                  Rebinana: An extract of the stevia leaf. It is 200-300 times sweeter than sugar but is good for baked goods. 

You can purchase pure ground stevia leaf from many websites. But if you want one from the above photo then my choice is the Stevia Clear liquid. It is the most pure form. It also comes in Chocolate flavor!!                                      

 

Comments